Friday 11 November 2011

A Day to Remember


It's exactly a month since my last post. You might assume that in that month I'd been so busy inworld that I'd been unable to find the time to post and, if so, you'd be wrong.




For reasons I'm presently discussing with my psychiatrist, I've become a recluse, rarely venturing from the confines of my SL island home. Believing myself to be Dr. Doolittle, my principal communication in SL now consists of exchanging chirps with my meeroos. Chirp, chirp, birt, as they say! Too funny, huh? I tell you, they sure know how to tell a joke! As you might perhaps have anticipated, I've also discovered that their artificial intelligence and communication skills compare favourably with the intelligence and communication skills of many SL residents. 

During my period as a recluse, I've missed out on all the Halloween events. I even managed to forget that 3rd November was my 4th rez day! However, I have (notwithstanding my mental state, chirp, chirp, birt) remembered that today in the UK is Armistice Day (being the anniversary of the armistice which ended the First World War), our equivalent of Veterans' Day in the US.

In contrast with Halloween and my own rez day, 11th November is, I think, a day well worth remembering.   

1 comment:

  1. You should have said something...Happy Rez Day and here's to four more :)
    You beat me by a few days, mine is coming up on the 21st.

    ReplyDelete